Competition in Fu Zhou


I recently had an amazing experience in a martial arts competition in Fu Zhou, China on Dec 12, 2008. It was a competion between all of the masters or "participating masters" from Taiwan v.s. the masters of Fu Zhou and other regions of China. Even though I am not big on competition myself, but was honored to be a representitave of the Taiwanese team as well as traditional martial arts.
The tournament took two days and the members of the Taiwanese team travelled together for 5 days. It was a wonderful opportunity to work with many masters hands on and learn the differences between the many different styles. I believe that trying to compare so many arts and masters and to say who is better or more effective is impossible. So the trophies and medals I don't really pay attention to. But the best part of the experience was being accepted as a master of the traditional arts. It was incredible being able to talk to the other masters regarding history, culture and the future of the styles.
In the end of the tournament I recieved two golds and two bronzes. I want to thank everyone who was willing to teach me and guide me into destiny and especially my master Wu Guo Zheng who showed me far more than just kung fu. I will always have Taiwan in my heart and will do everything to preserve the arts in the future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Take the day with you

Warfox Training Rooms and Missions

The One Thing