Glad I missed the bus


My training has continually taught me and re-taught me of how to refine myself. By refining my physical abilities I am able to sharpen my mental skills and percieve the actions of my life through what some would call wisdom. Every master of every creed and type will eventually step into an arena of clarity, a heightened since of perception that can only be called truth.


Bruce Lee, Tiger Woods, Micheal Jordan, Muhummad Ali, Albert Einstein and other masters, were able to use their craft to explain a portion of what would be purpose.


However on this very same path without guidance we can be tricked into stepping into a darkness with in ourselves that can lead us to perverse our own gift. Man being riddle with flaws, we must always stay connected with the source or we could completely lose ourselves.


Every day there is a chance to look into the energy of your own life and choose to grow stronger or grow weaker. We have no control over the things that happen to us but complete control over how we may respond.


Today while getting ready to take the bust to practice I had to run to the bank first. I missed the bus for practice and was going to have to wait a half hour for the next one. I was supposed to be there early to help the master teach for a demonstration next week. Instead I was going to be over an hour late.


At this moment I had the choice of being blinded by my frustrations or look into the benefit of missing the bus. I looked around and noticed the sun shining through a tree that hit the bus stop sign and casted a shadow that reminded me of a movement. As I came closer I noticed the tree had laid out perfect spots on the ground for me to practice my footwork stepping.


I dropped my bag and immediately seized the opportunity to understand the message being sent to me. I practiced my foot work right there on the spot and unlocked the flow training that I had been working on for the past few months. I was able to take my training to a brand new level only because I stopped to look around.


If I had chosen to be down and disappointed, I would have missed the entire lesson of the day. Don't get frustrated, learn to understand, life truly is magical.

Comments

Josh Leeger said…
Hi Robert,
I just moved to the Seattle area, and am a Gao practitioner (student of George Wood's). Do you know of any Gao practitioners in Seattle?
Thanks!
Josh
Josh Leeger said…
need to subscribe to replies here...
I will be in Seattle coming in April. So hopefully I would be able to work with you myself. Take care keep it up.

Popular posts from this blog

Take the day with you

Warfox Training Rooms and Missions

The One Thing