My father used to tell me stories about his masters and his master's masters. I remember one about his master Choi, who used to go into the mountains in Korea to train. Inside of a cave he would do a ridiculous work out, thousands of punches and kicks. He mentioned to my dad that he used to punch the wall hundreds of times a day for several years. After years had passed he said that the wall had not changed much aside from the small, smooth groove. But now every time that he hit someone with that punch, they would also feel the wall of the the cave. I don't recommend punching walls for training these days but there is more to the story than that. Every day that you are able to get up and train, you take a part of the day into your technique. The days I train and it's freezing cold I add the frost to my footwork. The days I train in the intense heat I add intensity to my lungs. The days I train in the blinding rain I add clarity to my attack. The days I train when I have no ...
Well after a few last adjustments with my training and projects in Taiwan that needed a final tweeking I am ready to return to the states. Where I land depends on those who may be interested in learning the art of Bagua. I have learned the complete system of Bagua including 18 weapons, post heaven, pre heaven, three principles fist, unlimited fist, Taichi, six harmonies, seven stars and much more. My responsibility as the 6th successor of the style is to share it with individuals that wish begin or further their training in the art. Every individual has a different goal and I can tailor the style to the requirements of each student. Whether you want to stay in shape, learn self defense, increase vitality, security or all of the above, I can give you a complete training program that you can take with you for the rest of your life. I plan to teach to all of those interested around the world using seminars or one one one classes. Please make a comment if you are interested in learning the...
Self reflection is not only important in terms of making progress in your training, it's also beneficial to help you gauge direction by separating your own needs from the "needs" force fed to you by society. Bruce Lee often mentioned that we must use our art to honestly express ourselves, but most people have such a diluted understanding of self that this concept is drowned in many forms of false identity. How do you determine the bad habits in your fighting style from your own personal concepts of combat? Should you accept yourself even though you are overweight? Or should you become the more physical fit version of your self to be true? As early as birth, you are trained to understand a self that may or may not be you. Are you an American? Then you must speak a certain language, be opposed to certain ideas and be supportive of your countries cause. If there is a plane crash somewhere in the world, it doesn't concern you so much because it's not related to ...
Comments